Saturday, July 26, 2008

oops i forgot

i should have probably noted on here yesterday that i am feeling 150% better!! i switched from advil to tylenol and tylenol pm to help me sleep at night... and i immediately noticed a difference the next morning. i woke not tired or sore and throughout the day, i felt good all day. my steri strips finally fell off (well, i kind of encouraged the "falling off" with a little bit of pulling, oops) and the incisions look really good. i'm still a little bruised around the biggest incision, but overall, they look excellent. the 3 smaller incisions are so small and healing so well, i really don't think they are going to be noticeable once they fully heal. 

i am finally able to get a full night's sleep -- no waking in the middle of the night to urinate-- and i think i really needed that. i'm able to sleep on my side for a short period of time now and getting in and out of bed is becoming easier with almost no pain at all. in fact, it's 11am on saturday, and i haven't had the need to take any tylenol yet! :) the only thing that has really not come back is my appetite. in fact, i've lost 12lbs. but hey, i'm not complaining, i could stand to lose about 15, haha. however, i hope i am able to eat more than just a piece of toast soon without getting so full so fast. 

so i apologize for not informing everyone of my good spirits yesterday... but i am feeling so much better :) i even went out for a little while friday night 

yay for recovery!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa!

I'm so happy for you. (Can I add an "I told you so!" here?!!!)
You'll be surprised how quickly you'll be totally back to normal too.
Please send me an email!
Jody

Anonymous said...

I so happy to read that too!

I see that Jody CAN add a
"told you so!" (she's my son's donor) and am so glad she did.

Anonymous said...

Melissa--I'm so glad you are recovering so well. You must give yourself time to heal and recoup your strength. Remember, you must heal "inside" as well as at the incisions.
I am Karen's neighbor--a grandma who has you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!! I am so happy to hear you are finally turning the corner and feeling better! If only there was unlimited time to heal and no pressure to feel "better" so quickly! But "better" late than never! Rest, rest, rest and God Bless!