Friday, July 11, 2008

SIENA is helping out!!

i just found out that my college has decided to join in and support me and my donation!! being a franciscan school, focused around giving and helping others, i am not surprised they are so supportive. i always had amazing support from every angle at siena. previous to this announcement, one of my old (very very very supportive, helpful and guiding) professors, deborah l. kelly, esq., assistant professor of management, had e-mailed me to support me. thanks kelly!

i am highlighted on the school's website http://www.siena.edu/level2col.aspx?menu_id=528&id=18017 and links to my blog are included as well. you also can read siena's blurb about my donation at http://sienacollegeblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/07-alumna-to-save-life-on-july-15.html. below is the little note i received from allison maloney, a graduate from '06, now assistant direction of communications at siena. thank you siena and allison!! :)

Melissa,
Just wanted to let you know Siena is helping to spread the word about kidney donation for you. I did a short write up on our news blog (and the story will be scrolling on the siena.edu homepage ticker by the end of the day). You are a true inspiration! Good luck on Tuesday, you will be in our prayers.

Allison Maloney '06
Asst. Director of Communications
Siena College

3 comments:

Darcy said...

What a wonderful gift for you to give. I have PKD and received a kidney transplant on March 1, 2008 from an anonymous donor who passed away. It's wonderful to get a second chance and how wonderful to know and meet each other. Bless you!

Darcy said...

I also wanted to say the best of luck to both of you tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers will be with you!

Anonymous said...

your story is by far one of the nicest things i have ever read. i am so excited for my cousins second birthday. he is an amazing person and what you are doing for him touches so many people. our prayers are with you both everyday! Thank you!