Saturday, July 19, 2008

up and running :)

my apologies for not writing as often as i probably should (now that i have a group of followers :)haha) but i just wanted to write quickly and let everyone know that i am doing so well! minus the normal bruising and soreness, my incisions (4 in total) are healing very well. it is getting easier every single day to do simple things like lay down, sit, stand, cough, and even breathe (believe it or not! haha). my parents have been a god send, helping me with everything-- brushing my teeth, turning on the shower water for me, helping me put on clothes, walking around with me... not to mention taking me to great places to eat every night! :)

again, thank you so much to everyone who has sent me gifts and flowers: the eckert family, maggie, caitlin, my mom, my dad, my little sister, erika, my recipient, paul from matching donors, the list literally goes on and on. your thoughtfulness has really gone far. i sincerely appreciate it.

my appetite is small, but growing. i'm tired a lot and i take frequent naps and breaks from walking. but i am doing so well. so thank you for praying for me and keeping me in your thoughts.

i will write shortly again. i have a follow-up appointment with my surgeon on july 28th, just to make sure i am healing well. until then... i love you all, thank you so much!!

xoxo

No comments: