Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"shine"


the party was great-- i had a really good time. it was nice seeing my recipient with his friends, enjoying himself. everyone was so welcoming and warm. my best friend from college, maggie, came with me. we enjoyed a nice, intimate barbecue and then some live music-- which was amazing. i have to say, the song "shine," which was written for my recipient's girlfriend. it was such a beautiful song. and it sounded really great too!!! below are some photos taken from the day... i wish i had more!!!! :(

                               
               my recipient and i after him playing his songs
                               
                                   

my recipient and his bandmates and Quinn-- cute kid!

my recipient and a friend, back in action!!

enjoying some good food and drinks with friends-- and me talking, non-stop

my recipient and his wonderful girlfriend, sezin

my recipient's good friend and party host, ricky


my best friend maggie, me and brent? i cant remember his name... but he is enjoying the food :)

i'm glad i had this experience. for a while i was in doubt about me donating my kidney-- and this party really helped solidify my feelings that this was the right thing to do. 
i just wanted to post some pictures and let everyone know that we've been back in touch. i'll write more later... but for now, i have to get back to work!! :)




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psUTJeDdAVQ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

Did you hear the song "Be Kind"?? I believe it was written for you!! Glad you had fun at the party! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

do you know if the music is on itunes yet? glad you had fun and are doing well

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
I'm so glad that you and your recipient are doing well! It looks like you all had a wonderful time at the party.
I just wanted to let you know again how much you have touched me and so many others with your amazing act of kindness. I hope that G-d will bless you with a long, happy, wonderful life! You deserve it!!!
Sincerely,
Marlene