Tuesday, July 08, 2008

some kind notes

thank you to all of my recipient's family and friends who have taken the time to e-mail me and leave comments. your thoughts and prayers mean so much. it makes me so happy to hear the amount of support and love you have for my recipient-- he is so lucky to have so many supportive family and friends. here is a little excerpt of the messages i've been receiving:

"Melissa:
Long story made short, we are college friends with *****’s niece and she forwarded your blog. My wife has fond memories of dancing with him at his niece's wedding. We think it is great what you are doing so unselfishly and wish both of you the best throughout the whole process. We will certainly keep everyone involved in our prayers throughout the next few weeks.
Cheers!"

****************************************************


"Dear Melissa,

I received your blog from ***** and ****, ****'s sister andbrother-in-law.Thank you for giving the gift of life to ****. Because of you and your actions, I learned of the Rogosin Institute and how to make a donation. Your parents must be very proud of you. I will be praying for you, your intentions, ****, and everyone who guides and cares for you both.

Jean Ann from Pittsburgh"



i'm excidly looking forward to july 15th... literally, i am counting down the days :)

i've learned that i have to go in for one final corss match of our blood (mine and my recipient). also during that time, preliminary admission paperwork for the hospital will be completed. i went shopping yesterday evening to prepare for the hospital. sweatpants, check! travel size deoderant, check! comfy slippers, check! you get the idea, haha.

and i can't wait to see my parents, i miss them so much.

xoxo

No comments: