Tuesday, August 05, 2008

it has been a while

hi everyone! it has been a while since my last blog... we need to play catch up!!!

40 blogs and over 4500 views later, here we are....

i am 100% back to normal... working out, going out, playing, babysitting again, back to work full-time, etc. i am so happy that i did this and can show that i am living proof that kidney donation is safe, easy and well worth it!! :) in fact, if i didn't have a scar, it would have felt that it never happened.

due to this whole experience, i almost have a new outlook on life. i have always been bubbly, optimistic and energetic about life -- without a doubt i fully believe life is a gift and we should never take it for granted (hence my small tattoo "love life") my halmoney also shared this outlook about life with me (rather, me with her, since i inherited it from her) but i really feel that i have discovered a new part of myself.

life shouldn't be about having the perfect haircut, dressing ourselves in fashion-forward clothing, having the newest designer bag (although i love the LV neverfull!!), providing our kids with all the toys they have ever wanted, feeding our already over-stuffed bellies over-priced meals, or hurting and taking advantage of other to gain exposure, experience or to get to the top. of course, motivation is a wonderful thing and spoiling ourselves once in a while to reward for some hard work is needed. but sometimes we go overboard-- okay let's be honest, a lot of times. i definitely plan on making a more conscious effort to guide my wants and needs in order to re-evaluate what is best for me. ((oops, i've gone a little off track here, haha))

but my point is that we live in a such a material world. half the things we have, we don't need, but for some reason we always want more. i am challenging myself to reconsider my material possessions and focus more on what is really important: love, relationships, bettering myself, helping others, building new friendships, growing spiritually and enjoying what life has to offer. in my journey, i have discovered that one driving force for this whole donation was that i wanted to share my love of life with another so badly. and on july 15th, i was able to accomplish that by reaching out and giving someone a second chance at rediscovering life. i hope he takes this opportunity to do so.

i am so proud that i've accomplished what i set out to do. and no one can ever take that away from me :)


off on a more non-lecturing note :)... my final interview with NBC is next week sometime-- i think the 13th???. i am so much better at putting my feeling and emotions into writing than am orally voicing them, but i'll try my best (i am so afraid i am going to look so silly on tape!!!) when i hear about the air date, i will post it so all those who are interested can watch. as for the documentary, i haven't heard anything since after the interview i had with them. again, if i hear anymore, i'll let everyone know.

again, thank you for following me in my journey. i am incredibly honored that so many have read my story, had concern for me and my recipient and took the time out of their daily lives to reach out to me. im not the emotional type, but it really makes me cry because it is so touching. i cannot begin to thank you enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to know how you are. We have been waiting for your new message. All you have said is so true, but the most important thing is what you did so unselfishly. I will tell my middle school students your story and many others as well. What a role model you are for everyone! Thanks for sharing your story and please continue to do so.